Functional Pathology testing is used by health practitioners to assist in the diagnosis, treatment and management of patients seeking a holistic approach to health care.
Functional Pathology can test biochemical, nutritional, metabolic or hormonal status. It is used by practitioners to investigate the cause of illness or imbalance, for diagnosis of chronic unresolved symptoms and to set a baseline for monitoring treatment results.
Available tests include:
- Gastrointestinal tract tests
- Genetic diagnostic testing (incl. coeliac gene testing)
- Hormone profiles (incl. adrenal and thyroid testing)
- Metabolic profiles
- Nutritional profiles
- Food sensitivity profiles
- RAST profiles (food allergies)
- Environmental toxins